Designed to accelerate Israel's industrial capability, the Law for the Encouragement of Capital Investments offers industrial companies conditional grants as outlined herein.
Type of Support:
Grants for production equipment, facilities, and fixed assets, conditional upon their acquisition or construction in the framework of a program approved by the Investment Centers Administration
Applying companies must meet the following criteria:
• Must be an industrial enterprise, registered in Israel
• Must be located in designated National Priority Region
• Must be internationally competitive (i.e. have export capability), excepting biotechnology and nanotechnology companies
• Must not have simultaneously applied or been approved for an employment grant as detailed below (excepting enterprises employing disabled persons)
• For structural grants: Must not have pending legal questions surrounding the structure
• Service industries, the agricultural industry (including refrigeration facilities), the mineral and natural gas industries are not eligible for aid within this framework
Terms of Grant:
Grants are accorded at 20% of the amount of investment in fixed assets, as outlined in the approved program.
Applications are reviewed thoroughly by the Investments Center Administration and 'approved enterprise' status is granted at the conclusion of a review procedure that includes submission of a detailed business plan, subject to various considerations.